A History of the Kendrew Grange #891
St. Lawrence County Grange Yearbook, 1938
Kendrew Grange No. 891 was organized March 16, 1900 under the supervision of County Deputy H. H. Harrington of Crary Mills with a charter membership of eighteen. The Grange Hall was built in the year 1900 and is located at Kendrew corners. The ground on which it was built was donated by the late C. F. Woodcock. Soon after the hall was built the Grangers decided to conduct a general store which has been in operation up to the present time (1938). Several other Granges were organized in adjoining towns which lessened our membership which at the present time is 106.
Kendrew Grange was one of the pioneer Granges to be organized in this section of the county and the membership at one time numbered 250.
Our first officers were: Master, Noah Walker; Overseer, Newton Stone; Lecturer, Mrs Noah Walker; Steward, Silas Cline; Assistant Steward, Samuel Newcombe; Chaplain, Mrs. Alice Stone; Treasurer, John Perkins; Secretary, Charles W. Wells; Gate Keeper, William Bagley; Pomona, Mrs. Mary Newcombe; Flora, Mrs. Emma Cline.